Friday, January 25, 2013

Winter Wonderland

 So it is snowing right now, and the cold has been hitting the town I live. It's Flu Season, and Winter is becoming extremely cold. As cool as snow is, it does have it's downs. Here are some outfits, and some tips, to stay ship shape this winter.Winter Outfits
   The key is layering. In the Winter, you may look overpowered by your coat. Also you want to stay as warm as possible.

Outfit #1: Thermals are your best friend in winter. It may be only one shirt, but they can provide so much warmth. Thermals are also very inexpensive, and you can purchase them in mass retailers  I added a scarf for even more warmth. Scarves are a key accessory and leopard print is an eye catcher. If you live in a climate where it's about 40 to 55 degrees Fahrenheit, a vest can be more handy than a puffer jacket. This vests has a lot of fur, and I think that this gives a very comfortable and cozy look. Usually  I think that jeans are very cozy, and I prefer them better than sweatpants when I'm outside. I added a pair of floral printed Dr. Marten boots, and a cute panda hat to add even more glam.

Outfit #2: I think this is perfect for a normal cold winter. The temperature or climate should be around 35 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit  I love fleece jackets since they are just a simple yet stylish look. When you are investing in a winter coat, pockets are essential unless you prefer gloves. I added a pair of classic skinny jeans. Of course, it's not a winter unless you don't wear Ugg's. This is the classic chestnut color, and it has real fur, that will keep your feet nice and cozy. I added a beanie to the whole outfit, since the hat brings a pop of color. I have a post already on beanies from my Christmas Countdowns. Click Here to learn how to make one and how mine turned out!

Outfit #3: I live in a climate like this one. It has been way below freezing this week, and this is something that I usually wear. I think North Faces provide the most warmth  and they have a lifetime guarantee  so it is made out of great quality. This coat is perfect if your climate is 10 to 50 degrees. You just have to layer in the inside depending on the temperature. I added a pair of light wash skinny jeans. Instead of Uggs, which I usually always see, I chose bearpaws. The typical girl these days usually wear North Face and Uggs, but I know that many kids don't wear Uggs. Uggs can be expensive, and I think bearpaws are just as good. They are also made out of real fur, and they are also from Australia. These are about 1/3 of the price of Uggs, and I own several pairs. In fact, I love them better than my Ugg's sometimes. I added a pair of Kate Spade gloves, for even more warmth. I also think that they are chic and cute, with the little catch phrase.

Winter Beauty Products

Eos Berry Blossom Hand Lotion Purse Pack - 1.5 OzVictoria's Secret New! You’Re All Mine Ultra-Moisturizing Hand And Body CreamI think that Winter can really change your skin routine, and your skin can become oftentimes dry. Sometimes in the morning, I find my face frozen and uncomfortable when I'm at the bus stop. It's always good to carry some lotion around. I like using tiny ones, or ones that can fit easily in your purse or backpack. Smaller ones can be very handy, and you don't have to feel so awkward applying it.

Maybelline Baby Lips Lipbalm CollectionEos Strawberry Sorbet Lip Balm    You just need lip products to survive cold weather. Nothings less attractive than a flaky pout, and you don't want to lick it. Having moisturized lips can get you through your day, not worrying about it. In winter, don't even think about lip stick, since lip balms shall always come first. My favorite lip balms are Eos( really cute:) and baby lips since they smell so nice.
Clarins Sunscreen For Face Wrinkle Control Cream Spf 50+
    
Did you know that snow has ultraviolet rays? Yes, sunscreen is needed for the wintertime, but you just don't need to apply so much. I only add a bit, and it'll keep your skin healthy. I recommend anything that is SPF 15 or above. My favorite sunscreen is by Clarins.




Buy Frederic Fekkai Travel Brush & More | Beauty.ComDoes your hair ever get frizzy or uncontrollable? Well, you may need to brush it sometimes, especially when you take off that hood. I have a handy tiny hair brush for on the go, which is much more convenient than a full size brush. For more Info, visit my friend Kareena's Fashion Blog .





I hope you enjoyed this post and found it more helpful. Comment below on your favorite outfit, or any beauty products you recommend!

    ~Beauty Queen



Winter Outfits by ellazhu featuring dr. martens boots

BKE thermal top
buckle.com


Hollister Co hollister co
hollisterco.com


Jacket
thenorthface.com



Hollister Co hollister co
hollisterco.com


H&M skinny fit jeans
$47 - hm.com


Dr. martens boots
$160 - bluebanana.com



H M sheer shawl
$7.89 - hm.com


Cable knit beret
boohoo.com


Kate spade
katespade.com



Abercrombie & Fitch
abercrombie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion needs Feedback!